Murrurundi Arts and Crafts Council was founded in 1994, under the name of Murrurundi District Arts Council. In 2017, our name was changed to Murrurundi Arts and Crafts Council, to include a wider and more inclusive representation of Artists and artistic mediums.
Our current membership includes painters, sculptors, printmakers, illustrators, as well as artists who work in metal, fabric, fibres, plastics, ceramics and those who have a passion for the arts and crafts.
Our members include up and coming artists as well as well known national exhibitors who have many years of artistic experience.
We are affiliated with Regional Arts NSW and work closely with RADO.
and with an increasing number of artists choosing to reside in our area, we have an increasing variety of artistic talent.
As a not‐for‐profit organisation, our committee is provided financial assistance, through fundraising, for various artistic events in the region alongside workshops and our annual Exhibitions.
The committee has also sourced and continues to secure grants and sponsorship to conduct workshops in Painting, Photography, Book Binding, Drawing, Millinery, Mosaics, Silk-Flowers, Welding-Sculpture and various other artistic mediums. These workshops cumulate in the creation of quality artworks which are then displayed along with other local artist’s works at our annual
Murrurundi Art Prize & Exhibitions ( MAP )
Photographic Arts Prize & Exhibition ( PAP )
The concept behind our vision statement is to
“Nurture, encourage and promote artistic pursuits in the Murrurundi area”
& our objectives are:
- To always acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we are gathered on prior to the beginning of any exhibition and workshop
- The pursuit, promotion and enjoyment of all arts and crafts or such of them that may meet the interest of our members.
- To provide an organisation for artists and artisans and those persons interested in the arts and cultural activities in the Murrurundi District.
- To arrange for the management, operation, maintenance, and supervision of the MACC Inc’s Centre in Murrurundi.
- To organise arts, crafts, photographic exhibitions and affordable creative arts and crafts workshops for our members and the community.
- To enter into other contracts and agreements in keeping with these objects and approved at a general meeting.
- To purchase, lease or otherwise hold and maintain land, buildings, furniture, furnishings, fittings and equipment to meet the needs and objects of the MACC Inc
- To raise moneys by entrance fees, subscriptions, donations, sponsorships, exhibitions and other sources as the Committee determines.
- To invest and deal with the moneys of the MACC Inc not immediately required upon such as securities and in such a manner as may from time to time be determined and to redeem such investments as and when required.
- The income and property of the MACC Inc however derived shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the Council and no portion shall be paid or transferred by way of bonus, dividend or otherwise by way of profit to the members of the MACC Inc.